Tuesday 13 September 2016

Review: Trespass Compact Pillow and Lightweight Sleeping Bag

I've had these two items sat to review on my 'to-do' list for some time now, and I'm only just finding the time to sit and do it, so my apologies for that! But then I doubt you are hardly surprised seeing as this blog hasn't been updated in what feels like months, but hopefully in a week or so I will be able to show you why!

Right, anyway back to what this post is supposed to be about! This summer I went on my annual camping trip to Scotland, this year three nights, four days on a campsite in North Berwick, just outside of Edinburgh. Unlike past years this trip was more like glamping, or at least by my standards! Just picture this, a tent tall enough to actually stand up in, foldable camp beds and actual table and chairs, honestly I was practically living it grand on a Miami beach! (har har)

I did however finally get chance to try out some new goodies I'd brought in a Trespass Closing down sale. Now for anyone who isn't familiar with the Trespass brand, I personally would say its a rather 'budget' brand, or at least I have found their quality to be less superior than other competitive brands about in the market, but heck, they're certainly a good starting point!

I managed to bag myself a compact travel pillow and a super lightweight sleeping bag. Two items that I was desperately seeking. I cannot stand the tiny blow up pillows that are about, and I has been looking at the Thermarest Compression Pillows, so thought I would try this one as a budget option before committing. The pillow is about 30cm in length, and expands to about 10cm thick. It can be rolled up pretty small, provided you're willing to put in the effort to really flatten the entire thing.So how was the sleep you're asking? It was pretty good! Maybe for myself and how I sleep perhaps a little bit too small, but then you're camping, you choose your luxuries right? But for me definately a worthwhile addition to my kit!

Now the second item I got really excited about, and was a purchase of about £25, reduced from £59.99 and took much deliberation on whether or not to buy.  The deciding factors? It was the only one left on the shelf, the crazy price reduction and most importantly, its size and weight! This ultra light sleeping packs down to almost a third of the size of my current sleeping bag, and felt like it weighed next to nothing! My current sleeping bag was a Gelert 3 season bag, suitable for temperatures down to -5 degrees. But for my I couldn't stand it, the zip was not strong enough to keep zipped when I tossed in the night, and its pack away size and weight was laughable. So to find this new sleeping bag got me pretty excited to say the least! The recommended temperature zone is only to about 15 degrees, which seems pretty disappointing (and was a factor that made me almost not buy it) but to be honest it's not often I have a problem with being frozen at night, and there's always clothes for an extra layer ya'know. Because the sleeping bag is a thinner and lighter material it feels a lot more comfortable in it, I can turn in the night without the zip undoing, and it's not quite as restricting if its get twisted during the night. (we've all had that problem haven't we? oh , just me then?) I didn't find any problems that a hoodie couldn't fix, and its packaway size completely outweighs that.

Here are the links to the items in case you fancy giving them a go:

http://www.trespass.com/stuffy-kids-sleeping-bag (okay so apparently the sleeping bag is a kids one!? I literally had no idea, but heck this is a steal!!!)

http://www.trespass.com/sleepyhead-travel-pillow





No comments:

Post a Comment