Saturday 18 June 2016

#30DaysWild Day Day 16-18

Well, so what have I been up to? Apart from lots and lots of hours at work, I have been trying to fit in some small acts of Wildness every day, although some are very small!

On Day 16 I have a total fangirl moment as Chris Packham tweeted me back about the severe lack of graphs on this seasons Springwatch! (anyone else agree with me here - well he did at least!)

Day 17 I took a walk along the wild rising river in Bewdley, after about 6 days of almost constant heavy rain, the river is a murky brown and flowing swiftly, but it is still a joy to watch the bird hunting.



And today - I have made a crack at writing a wild poem! (now, please don't laugh, I probably haven't written a decent poem in about 5 years or so!) but here goes ...

Leaves softly waving in the wind,
Gusts small, but so big from down here,
But life this tiny learn to be thick skinned,
So that we grow, buds to peek and peer.

The sun, so gentle and warming,
I stretch, I unfurl, I grow,
Photosynthesising,
Turning me head to the sky, petals so yellow.

I bask and I breathe, filling my cells with life,
A radiance so full, yes so minute,
I am one of many, and we are the wildlife,
A presence so strong you cannot dilute.


Poet of the year material right? Thought so hahaha!

Oh- and I've also been watching Emma Caton Vlogs over at (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Ry14Y1FAnTlWmPLLrv2hQ) and I have been loving them! So if you haven't already, you should really go check out her videos and give her some love!

That's all for now folks!
Tayla

No comments:

Post a Comment