Wednesday 8 June 2016

#30DaysWild Day 8!

I seem to be doing a lot of things for the challenge that aren't on the list of ideas I had, but yaknow, we're just gonna roll with it!

But anyway, today I started the Couch to 5K challenge! And instead of hitting the pavements, I decided to go along the river path! Of course, I decided to go out just after we had some heavy rain, good job I've always been a fan of mud! So you'll all be glad to know I survived my first run in probably forever, but it did make me think, are there benefits to exercising outdoors? Of course there are!


And here they are:


  1. Technically you burn more calories, factors such as wind resistance, slopes and uneven ground all make small differences that make you work just that little bit harder. 
  2. Being outdoors improves your mood, it has been proven by many studies that spending time outdoors reduces stress levels, and the fresh air and increased oxygen releases Serotonin! (We all love that feel good brain chemical!) 
  3. It can help to improve your self esteem - Just think about it, no mirrors, anywhere at all. And I can promise you the wildlife don't care how similar your running looks to a beached walrus! (Not a care in the world!)
  4. Benefits of sunshine! We are all well aware of the risks that come to exposure to the sun, but we also need to remember that sunlight is important to our health too! Sunlight on the skin creates the Vitamin D3, which is vital to bone health, metabolic function and helps you sleep better at night. 
  5. Its cheaper - I really don't think I need to explain this any more that that!


Of course, I spotted a bit of wildlife whilst I was trying not to die! A few slimey snails making the most of the moisture from the rain, some startled bunnies and the odd dragonfly! 

After all of that information to digest, I think you've deserved a selfie! 








No comments:

Post a Comment