Monday 10 August 2015

The Importance of Binoculars

Pyronia Tithonus - Gatekeeper Butterlfy 
This is becoming a regular thing, myself apologising whole heartedly for not posting for sooooo long. So here I am again, now that life in my new house is all settled, determined to keep this blog going! (Promise!)

Today my lovely friend Sarah  joined me in Bewdley before she jets off to Canada for a whole year!! So we decided on a stroll along the river, having persuaded her to try out some Geocaching! We ended up finding four caches in total, and I think she may be hooked! A good day in my book. We also had a very good day wildlife wise too, although both annoyed we brought no binoculars with us!
A Dopping of Female Goosanders 
We spotted a butterfly on the vegetation alongside the river bank, snapped a picture and carried on. Having come home we were able to identify it as the Gatekeeper Butterfly. We almost settled on identifying it as the Small Heath Butterfly, until we noticed the number of white dots on the wing! (Gatekeepers have two not one!)
Sarah also spied a Kingfisher darting into the shrubbery on the other side of the river, but after waiting silently for some time, we decided to walk on.
I also spotted a dopping of female Goosanders on the river, a bird I had no seen before, so that was exciting, but gutted having no binoculars!
I promise to post again very soon!
If you'd like check out my instagram to see what I'm up to!

The Wilderness Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment