Wednesday 24 June 2015

Gelert Walking Boots Review

First and foremost I would like to say that I am in no way sponsored or iffiliated with Gelert in any way. These are just the boots that I am currently using and wish to inform my readers off of my own personal experience!

Now I will say, I only ordered these boots because they were the cheapest decent looking (gotta look good ya'know) boots that I could find. For the last four years I have been wearing a trusty brand of Regatta, which, don't get me wrong, served my very well! But just a week before going off on holiday to Scotland I spotted a wee hole in the outerseam. A disaster. So I need some new boots, and I needed them fast. 

So here I am with a pair of Gelert walking boots. And I'm impressed! For you dear readers I have put these boots through thick and thin! And they have held pretty darn well! They lasted through a tough 10 mile hike, enduring dirt and mud. There is absolutely no visible damage to the boots at all, just some dry mud to clean off! Although there is a down side, I found these boots to be very painful around the ankles as a result of friction. With the constant varying gradient of the walk, with many steep inclines the material around the ankles, which does well to support the ankle, does begin to rub. Now I suppose I should have used thicker socks, or that they were not 'worn in' enough, I am just merely passing on my experience, information that some may find useful! (Or not, who knows!) 

But either way, I am very impressed! They have kept my feet dry whilst trekking through streams, even when the water submerged past the tounge (impressed!) They have supported my ankles whilst rambling on uneven dirt and rocks. So I suggest you take a look and give them a go! 




All the best, 
The Wilderneas Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment